What we do with your personally identifiable information
It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us, although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any products or services. "Personally identifiable information" means information that can be used to identify you as an individual, such as, for example:
- your name, company, email address, phone number, billing address, and shipping address
- your IDerified user ID and password (if applicable)
- any account-preference information you provide us
- your computer's domain name and IP address, indicating
where your computer is located on the Internet
- session data for your login session, so that our computer can 'talk' to yours while you are logged in
If you do provide personally identifiable information to us, either directly or through a reseller or other business partner, we will:
- not sell or rent it to a third party without your permission - although unless you opt out (see below), we may use your contact information to provide you with information we believe you need to know or may find useful, such as (for example) news about our services and products and modifications to the Terms of Service;
- take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction;
- not use or disclose the information except:
- as necessary to provide services or products you have ordered, such as (for example) by providing it to a carrier to deliver products you have ordered;
- in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, statistical compilations);
- as required by law, for example, in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
- to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- as necessary to enforce the Terms of Service;
- as necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of IDerified, its users, or others; this may include (for example) exchanging information with other organizations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction.
Other information we collect
We may collect other information that cannot be readily used to identify you, such as (for example) the domain name and IP address of your computer. We may use this information, individually or in the aggregate, for technical administration of our Web site(s); research and development; customer- and account administration; and to help us focus our marketing efforts more precisely.
We use "cookies" (small pieces of data we store for an extended period of time on your computer, mobile phone, or other device) to make IDerified.com easier to use and to protect both you and IDerified.com. For example, we use them to store your login ID (but never your password) to make it easier for you to login whenever you come back to IDerified.com. We also use them to confirm that you are logged into IDerified.com, and to know when you are interacting with IDerified.com. You can remove or block cookies using the settings in your browser, but in some cases that may impact your ability to use IDerified.com. We may also link information stored on your computer in cookies with personal data about specific individuals stored on our servers. If you set up your Web browser (for example, Internet Explorer or Firefox) so that cookies are not allowed, you might not be able to use some or all of the features of our Web site(s).
External data storage sites
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
Your privacy responsibilities
To help protect your privacy, be sure:
- not to share your user ID or password with anyone else;
- to log off the IDerified Web site when you are finished;
- to take customary precautions to guard against "malware" (viruses, Trojan horses, bots, etc.), for example by installing and updating suitable anti-virus software.
Information collected from children
No information from children under age 13. If you are under age 13, please do not attempt to register for IDerified.com or provide any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under age 13, please contact us through this email@example.com. You must be at least 13 years old to use IDerified's Web site(s) and service(s). IDerified does not knowingly collect information from children under 13.
Information about Yourself
When you sign up for IDerified.com you provide us with your username, email and password. You will be able to add a picture of yourself. In some cases we may ask for additional information for security reasons or to provide specific services to you. Once you register you can provide other information about yourself for example your company, job, city, phone, fax.
We offer contact importer tools to help you upload your friends' addresses so that you can find your friends on IDerified.com, and invite your contacts who do not have IDerified.com accounts to join. If you give us your password to retrieve those contacts, we will not store your password after you have uploaded your contacts' information.
Access Device and Browser Information
When you access IDerified.com from a computer, mobile phone, or other device, we may collect information from that device about your browser type, location, and IP address, as well as the pages you visit.
Questions or comments?
Thank you for choosing IDerified for protect your brand!